PERFECT PLACES: HAYES VALLEY.
We just got back from a fun Sunday morning adventure in Hayes Valley! Lillian is napping right now so I thought I would share some of the great spots that are fresh in my mind! I used to spend allllll of my time in Hayes Valley when I worked at San Francisco Ballet and I love going there now to see what's still there and what's new. I love how much more family friendly it is now.
If you are going to a show at War Memorial Opera House or Davies Symphony Hall then check out some of these spots. My favorite time to visit Hayes Valley is on a Sunday morning when it's quiet. I suggest going around 9:30am to grab breakfast at Arlequin Cafe and then walk around since most of the stores open at 11:00am.
Hayes Valley is pretty much food, food, drinks, food, clothing boutiques, food, and coffee.
- Ritual Coffee- Cute stand/store combo. Newer than their Valencia street location. Most people grab a cup and hang out on the nearby grass.
- Artís Coffee- I had not heard of this coffee spot but it looked extremely artisanal. Either that, or trying to hard. We didn't go in there.
- Arlequin Cafe- This is my favorite places in Hayes Valley. I used to eat lunch there every day when I worked in Hayes Valley. I just had the best latte there!! One of the only places I know of in Hayes Valley that has a big outdoor garden patio. Arlequin is the PERFECT place to meet for a work meeting, interview, etc. They also have a winebar next door..
- Arlequin- Can't go wrong with anything on their menu.
- Souvla- I have been wanting to try Souvla forever! I just always forget about it. They opened up a new location in Nopa on Divisadero and Fell so I'll probably try that location first.
- Absinthe- Absinthe is definitely the nicest and most upscale dining experience in
- Project Juice- Oh how I wish this existed when I worked in the area-- I would have been there every day! You will definitely see Ballet Company dancers fueling up here.
- Loving Cup- The popular frozen yogurt with mix-ins is like a modern day Coldstone (rip Coldstone and your tip-induced singing!). I love their Polk Street location and can't wait to come back for chocolate ice cream and pretzels!
- Stacks- They have the best pancakes EVER! I usually go to their Burlingame Avenue location because I honestly forget about this one. Like any breakfast spot, you have to get there early to put your name on the list. Their wait is always long!
- Fiddlesticks- Very cute children's store right on Hayes. I was really, really surprised at how many items they have in their store!! But in a good way. Most boutiques don't have a lot of items or even multiples of the same items. Fiddlesticks was fully stocked and had the most adorable clothes and toys.
- Azaela- This store has a great selection of items from Anine Bing, Cat Bird, Illesteva, and more. It feels like a store in LA. I haven't been in to the store in years. They open at 11:00am so we missed them.
Have fun exploring Hayes Valley!